Thrombosis occurs when a blood clots within the blood vessels and eventually block the free circulation of blood through the vessel. The clotting of blood has a great advantage as it stops hemorrhages/bleeding, but its limitation is that, these clot’s/thrombus can eventually block the circulation of blood, thus leading to some very serious consequences. These consequences includes heart attack and stroke (when a part of the brain is suddenly deprived of blood circulation), and can eventually lead to the immediate death of the victim.
The causes of thombosis includes:
* Excess toxins/waste materials in the blood can cause thrombosis, as these are unwanted waste and must be eliminated from the body
* Tobacco is another possible cause of thrombosis
* Lack of physical exercise
* A diet high/rich in saturated fat and salt can also cause thrombosis
* Arteriosclerosis- This is a process that affects all arteries of the body, due to the deposition of cholesterol in their inner lining, which brings about a reduction in their inner diameter, thus, causing less blood flow within the body.
Certain foods, especially fruits plays a vital role in the elimination/control of thrombosis.
These foods includes: LEMON, ORANGE, OLIVE OIL, GARLIC, GRAPE, SOY, ONION AND FISH OIL.
Some foods tends to initiate or bring about thrombosis and these includes: SATURATED FAT, SALT AND CHOLESTEROL.