Physical activities such as walking, dancing, swimming and so on, helps keep the body healthy. When we say physical activity, it does not only mean exercise in the gym, but also other day-day activities such as sports.
Below are some advantages of physical activities to our health:
• It helps reduce the risk of having a stroke (when a part of the brain is deprived of blood circulation), as physical activities help improve the flow of blood round the body and at a faster rate.
• It also helps reduce the risk of diabetes. This advantage is straight forward, as physical activities helps burn down excess sugar in the body, which is the main cause of diabetes (a disorder caused due to an elevated level of glucose in the blood).
• It helps reduce the risk of coronary heart disease by up to 50%
• Physical activities also helps lower the risk of osteoporosis (a reduction in the mass and density of a bone which results in bone deformation).
• Stress, can be reduced greatly when physical activities such as recreational sports are in practise. Various studies have shown that, “regular physical activities can bring a relief from stress”.
• For those who are overweight / obese, engagement in regular physical activity with proper diet consumption, helps a great deal in the lose of weight. This is an effective tip for those who want to lose weight.
• For heart attack patients, those who have been physically active are twice as likely to survive than those who were not. A wise person will rather not dump this tip and say “its for heart attack patients”, but implement it in his life, by exercising regularly for unforeseen future importance.
After reading the tips above, it can be derived that physical activity not only improves our health, but also our mental and social life. Its gives us energy to interact with one another and perform our daily chores efficiently.
Physical activity does not have to be in the gym, you can use your leisure time participating in sports, having a walk, cycling, and even dancing. A research made has shown that, “people who indulge themselves in physical activities, are more physically, socially and mentally active”. Also, who were not physically active before and became physically active later on, when interview said “they noticed an improvement in their entire life and have more confidence in themselves”.
So, what are you waiting for, indulge yourself in physical exercises today and benefit from its advantages.